Wednesday 21 March 2012

Comic Reviews 03/21/2012

For the covers check out this post.

Batman #7

Great art, a few times Bruce out of a costume didn't look great but regardless the art was gorgeous. I don't feel that the change to the continuity is actually a change, I think the owl and Frank Miller's Batman Year One mashup was more of symbolism than an addition to the continuity. I liked the twist but I think what set it up should have been reiterated as after 7 issues it can be easily forgot. Also I got confused at the start of the book, feeling like I missed something when Batman was just there with that girl, was that in some other book?

Justice League #7

Awful just awful. If I had to think of another word to describe it then it`d be goofy. So I don't know how DC can put an artist like they did on their flagship title, then tell a story that has nothing to do with anything but set up how the Justice League will live in a world with Senators, Congressmen, etc. Something about Steve Trevor and Green Arrow. Regardless, you don't go from Jim Lee drawing your books to this. I really don't understand you DC.

Prophet #23

Amazin as usual. The art style is fantastic. A lot of people would hate it but it draws me in much more than any realistic style ever could. The narrative also is fantastic. So little dialog, it's all narration, telling a story that gives no details of what it's explaining and assumes the reader intelligent enough to know they only need to know what is given them. I can't wait to see where this story goes, I just hope the same artist stays on indefinitely.

No comments:

Post a Comment